Pumpkin Sage Pasta
- 4 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes(optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan Parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes.
- Taste, adding more sage if desired, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let sauce rest for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to merge and sauce to thicken slightly.
- Toss cooked pasta with pumpkin sauce and taste, adding more salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with vegan Parmesan if desired.