Makes: 12 slices
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp safflower oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup peeled, cooked, mashed sweet potatoes, cooled
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a blender, pulverize oats into fine flour. In a large bowl, combine oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk egg; stir in yogurt, maple syrup, oil and vinegar. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stir until just combined. Fold in potatoes.
- Line a 9 x 5-inch glass loaf pan with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts over batter and press down on nuts lightly. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
TIP: Store 4 slices bread in an airtight container; freeze remaining portions.