The florets from 1 head of broccoli
1/4 cup walnuts
1 cup butternut squash, diced
1/4 cup cashews, soaked at least for 1 hour
2 tsp nutritional yeast (if you can’t find this nutty, cheese-flavored, B vitamin-rich ingredient, leave it out)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2–1 tsp fine-ground sea salt
2 tsp unrefined, virgin coconut oil (optional)
1. Soak cashews for 1–2 hours in a bowl filled with pure water.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Scatter walnuts on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of salt.
3. While walnuts toast, steam butternut squash cubes 7–10 minutes, or until soft and a fork can easily pierce a cube. Save steamer set up with water for broccoli.
4. Blend together sauce ingredients until super smooth. Set aside.
5. Steam broccoli for 3–5 minutes until vibrant green. Rinse out your steamer pot and transfer florets to the pot and heat to medium-high. Add sauce and stir together until warm—3–5 minutes