- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 package spicy microgreens (such as a radish mix)
- 4 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 small red chiles, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
To make the jelly:
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the peppers and chiles together until they are finely chopped. Pour the mixture into a large saucepan and add in the sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer. Allow to simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the liquid is reduced by two-thirds and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Spoon the warm mixture into heatproof mason jars or jam jars, then cover and chill until the jelly has set, or about 3 hours.
To make the toasts:
- Cut the sourdough baguette on a diagonal to make half-inch slices. Lightly brush olive oil across the tops of the slices and place in the oven or a toaster until golden brown
- Place several slices of avocado onto each toast. Top with the microgreens and a dollop of the sweet and spicy pepper jelly.
- Serve and enjoy!