- 1 3lb head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped scallions, for garnish
- melted butter or olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- Prep the cauliflower by cutting it into quarters, then cutting off the core (please refer to the video if needed). Break the quarters up into florets with your hands or a knife.
- Add a cup of water to a big pot and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower florets, cover with a lid, and cook for 5-8 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender (cook time will vary depending on the size of your florets). Puree the cooked cauliflower in a blender or food processor until smooth, then mix with the butter, cream, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with scallions and drizzle with melted butter or olive oil if desired. Enjoy!